Environmental Studies and Permits
The firm possesses ample experience in addressing sensitive environmental issues and has successfully helped achieve compliance of very challenging and complex projects while focusing on sustainable solutions to engineering problems and resource management strategies. We pride ourselves in providing clients with accurate and responsible guidance through both the local and federal regulatory processes.
- Project Master Planning and Development
- Green Building Technology
- Energy Efficient Design
- Water Conservation Strategies
- Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Environmental Impact Statements and Permitting
- Wetland JD's, Wetland Design & Permitting
- Environmental Monitoring
- Wetland Restoration
The firm is a recognized leader in the Water Resources field. It leads the profession in the development and implementation of innovative technology in Puerto Rico, and its expertise in fluvial sedimentation is recognized internationally. Analysis tools include steady and unsteady, 1- and 2-dimensional flow models for both water and sediment transport.
- Hydrologic-Hydraulic Analysis and Modeling
- Floodplain Mapping & FEMA Studies
- Urban Drainage and Stormwater Detention Systems
- Flood Control Systems
- Fluvial Hydraulics
- Stream Stabilization and Restoration
Reservoirs & Sedimentation Engineering
The principal objective of sediment management is to design new
facilities to minimize long-term sedimentation problems, or to enable existing facilities to manage the sediment problems ignored by
their original designers, so they may continue in operation.
The firm has designed several new reservoirs in Puerto Rico with sedimentation rates 90 percent lower than in conventional reservoirs.
- Reservoir Planning and Design
- Bathymetric Studies
- Dam Break Studies
- Reservoir Sedimentation Management
- Reservoir Yield Analysis
- Sediment Transport
Civil Design and Services During Construction
Our Civil Design Department focuses on providing sustainable engineering solutions and implementing low-impact development strategies for projects at all levels and complexities. Our team of engineers pride themselves in providing the client with design alternatives and recommendations that are economically feasible, but at the same time environmentally and socially responsible.
- Site Planning and Engineering
- Construction Supervision and Inspection
- Water Supply and Sewerage Infrastructure
Water Resources Engineering
Our firm has demonstrated its leadership position in the field of
water resources firm by developing and implementing innovative
projects which have greatly advanced the profession in Puerto Rico.For both public and private sector clients we have performed
ground water studies ranging from well permitting to the
development of ground water models, and we have identified
available ground water resources in regions that were overlooked
by other consultants.
No water resource problem is too large or too small for our team.
- Water Audit and Leak Detection
- Water Resources Infrastructure
- Water Supply Systems
- Groundwater Analysis
- Well Permitting and Design
- Water Availability and Firm Yield Studies